The importance of having a dehumidifier.
This property in Reeseville, Wisconsin was severely affected by mold. This home was located in an isolated area in the woods and was not taken care of properly. The mold that developed in this home was due to the insufficient sealing of the windows because they were old and cracked. Also, this house is located deep in the woods with tress surrounding the entire structure; preventing sunlight from reaching the home and continually being in a damp, dark environment preventing the structure from drying out naturally. The property owner did not utilize residential dehumidifiers to help control the moisture levels in teh home, which also resulted in mold spreading throughout the home.
The before photo shows the presence of mold growth that was discovered behind the kitchen cabinets. The after photo shows this same wall after the contaminated drywall was removed and mold remediation services performed.
Contact SERVPRO for all your mold remediation needs at (920) 674-3002. Remember that mold is a hazardous material and should only be remediated by trained professionals.