Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc was contacted by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) to clean and disinfect a biohazard spill in their evidence room near Horicon, WI. From the initial call to the completion of the project only two days had passed. SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc professionals effectively removed the bio-hazardous substances and disposed of properly according to OSHA, EPA, and State and local health regulations. SERVPRO Of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc professionals are trained to conduct biohazard and trauma scene cleanup using appropriate cleaning products and following specific guidelines. SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc will take a biohazard situation and make it a safe environment again.
If you have a biohazard situation, including crime, trauma or death, or a sewage backup, SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc will remove the sewage, contaminants and moisture, then clean, disinfect and deodorize the area.
If a traumatic event like this has occurred on your property and you require assistance with the cleanup, contact SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (920) 674-3002
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Fort Atkinson
- Johnson Creek
- Lake Mills