Recent General Posts
After your Thanksgiving dinner, you may get the itch to put up those holiday decorations. With the dark days of winter here, it is nice to see the lights of the holidays.
If you’re getting ready to hang your outdoor decorations or putting up a tall Christmas tree, here are some safety tips to make sure your holiday season is spent safely with family and friends.
Ladder Safety Tips
1. Check the weather.
Standing on a ladder in high winds could cause you to lose your balance. In addition, a drizzle can cause your ladder to become slippery. Make sure you pick a dry day with calm winds.
2. Inspect the ladder.
Before using your ladder, make sure it’s in good working order. There is nothing broken, or the ladder is not locking into place.
3. Use a ladder that is right for the job.
Different jobs require different-sized ladders. If you use the top step of a ladder to reach the gutters, you need to buy a more extended ladder to be safe. Be sure
the ladder extends three feet above the roof elevation when hanging those lights on the gutter.
4. Don’t over-reach.
Over-stretching on a ladder could cause it to kick out from under you and leave you hanging on the gutter.
5. Watch out for doors.
Remind your family that you are on the ladder by a door, so they do not open the door into the ladder. One idea is to put a note on the door they would open into the ladder so no one goes out the door.
6. Think before you move.
Before making your next move, think about what you want to do and move slowly. Sudden jerks can cause you to lose balance. Don’t do this:
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
Prevent Injuries by Taking Precautions Against Workplace Falls
Injuries from a fall can be serious and take a significant amount of time to heal. Here are some easy ways to prevent falls while at work.
- Remove clutter from workspace to avoid slipping or tripping
- Use the proper safety equipment for the job
- Train all team members to use equipment properly
- Check all equipment before use including harnesses, anchors, lanyards, etc.
- Use fall protection when working 6+ feet above the ground
- Wear non-skid shoes
Here to Help
Thank you to our crews!
SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc was called to do a cleanup of smoke smell at a residential property. The customer was so grateful for our crew she wrote a review and gave a shout out to two of our crew members.
Thank you to Rosa and Travis for doing a great job! They went above and beyond to help a customer. Both Rosa and Travis received a gift card for a job well done.
Spooky Season is Upon Us, SERVPRO Might Be Able To Help With The Eerie Feeling In Your Home
Is your house feeling a bit creepy? SERVPRO might be able to help you with that.
With October already here, Halloween just around the corner, and spooky season coming to its peak, we thought it would be appropriate to share some reasons your house might feel a little creepy.
The following comes from "October 2020 Talking Real Estate ENewsletter.” Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices.
Have you ever toured a home and just wanted to run right back outside? Maybe something hit you negatively, but it could be easily fixed. If the location and price are good, updates could be the answer. Ask yourself: what would you do to make a creepy home warm and inviting?
Improve lighting –Dark rooms can be spooky. Low light, especially from too few windows, can also be depressing. Can windows be enlarged? Can the electrical be updated to allow for the installation of sconces and ceiling lights?
Re-design living areas – Low ceilings, awkward layouts, or rooms too small for their purpose can make a home feel claustrophobic. Can the ceilings be raised into the attic? Can a wall or two be removed? Can space be “borrowed” from another room for better flow?
Simple maintenance – Keeping a home in good condition shows that it’s loved, while neglect makes homebuyers feel uncomfortable. Can obvious flaws be fixed and at what cost?
Freshen - If the problem is odor, it could be pets, smoking, old furnishings, or musty spaces. Dampness can suggest a leak in bathrooms or kitchens. Can the smell be identified and eliminated through cleaning or remodeling?
Modern updates – Homes stuck in the past need updating which can eliminate a lot of problems? Is there enough room in the budget to remodel to get the home to meet your criteria?
You could turn the spookiest house in the neighborhood into the home of your dreams.
If your home is feeling a little creepy because of odor, water damage, pet and child created flaws, or simply the need for a good cleaning, give us a call. SERVPRO Of Jefferson County/Oconomowocs office number is 920-674-3002 for all of your spooky maintance needs.
Hubrich , Dian. “October 2020 Talking Real Estate ENewsletter.” Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Oct. 2020, bhhsmarketingresource.com/p/9f60b389d6754032b1de30fca1af1b40/8916920/?rxid=13414208441827544136820.
Dehumidifier Uses Here at SERVPRO
The LGR is on the left and the Desiccant is on the right in this photo. Did you expect this much of a difference?
What is a desiccant dehumidifier?
- A Desiccant dehumidifier is similar to a standard grade dehumidifier in the sense that they both bring down moisture levels in a contained structure, but are very different in the process they use to do so. They can be the same size as a low-grain refrigerant (LGR) dehumidifier but as big as a semi-trailer. Because of their unique ability to dry already dry air, and be used in extremely difficult to dry materials even at below 60 degree temperatures (were a standard grade or even LGR would go into defrost mode), these desiccant dehumidifiers are a very useful tool in our SERVPRO inventory. With our Franchise being located in Wisconsin, about half our year is under 60 degrees. As a result, we need to use these desiccant dehumidifiers quite often.
What is the difference in a Desiccant vs Standard dehumidifier ?
- A standard grade dehumidifier (also known as a compressor based dehumidifier) uses a compressed refrigerant to cool metal coils (evaporator coils). The humid air that enters the dehumidifier condenses on these cool coils. This leaves the air that exhausts out of the dehumidifier warm and drier than when it entered. Desiccant dehumidifiers work quite differently. Instead of using condensation on cold evaporator coils to remove humidity from air, desiccant dehumidifiers use a chemical called a desiccant to do so. The chemical in our desiccants, once heated, release the moisture into a condensed form so they can be purged or ran through a LGR dehumidifier for better efficiency.
Why would SERVPRO use a desiccant in my home or business?
- Ambient air temperature. As written earlier, standard LGR dehumidifiers have a hard time running at their max efficiency below 60 degrees fahrenheit. Now in most cases we can bring in portable electric heating or turn up the heat in the house to get us in the range where an LGR could run at their full potential. What about when we can’t? This is where we would run a desiccant dehumidifier to begin drying out the structure until we were able to bring the heat up to an appropriate level.
- Size of loss. In commercial situations or large residential homes and garages we are always trying to get our drying process done as thoroughly and quickly as possible. In these cases running multiple LGR dehumidifiers and air movers may not be enough or the most cost effective way to dry a structure out in a timely manner. This is when we start to think about desiccant dehumidification.
- Saturation of the structure. This bring us back to drying in a timely manner. If structural building materials have reached their max saturation, and have remained at that level for some time, the materials become harder to dry and bring them down to drying goals. These instances are perfect opportunities to build temporary containment chambers and run our desiccants to drying things thoroughly and quick.
Never be afraid to give us a call at 920-674-3002 with any questions regarding equipment (or anything else). We are always here to help.
Consumer Shopping Trends for 2020 Holiday Season
The Jefferson Chamber of Commerce sends out a weekly news letter every Wednesday. Be sure to check out the chamber website linked in the blog.
This blog comes directly from the Wake Up Wednesday e-Newsletter from the Jefferson Chamber of Commerce. Visit the chamber website at https://jeffersonchamberwi.com/
As we hear about more of our districts planning for the holiday season, the following statistics from a google consumer survey might be of interest:
- Nearly 75% of shoppers who plan to shop this season said they will shop online more for the holidays than they did in previous seasons, and a similar number said they would first browse for gift ideas online and not in-store.
- Local is important!! 66% of shoppers said they plan to shop more at local small businesses.
- 47% of planned shoppers said they’ll use options to buy online, pickup in store/curbside pickup.
- And regarding shopping timing: 70% of shoppers said they intend to plan their shopping earlier to avoid crowds (Last half of October into November), and 80% of planned shoppers will consolidate their shopping to make fewer trips than they did in previous years.
Businesses are welcome to take advantage of and market the mainstreetwi.com portal, and also revisit our 'e-commerce strategies' webinar archives in the resources folder at www.wedc.org/downtownresources.
As a proud member of the Jefferson Chamber of Commerce, SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc is always looking to maintain the satisfaction of out customers. One way we can do this is by looking at the trends you create being in our consumer base. As always, don't hesitate to call our office at 920-674-3002 with any questions or comments.
Protecting Your Eyes
Did you know there are different types of safety glasses for different situations?
According to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, nearly 2,000 U.S. employees across industry lines experience work-related eye injuries that require medical treatment each day. These injuries can stem from a variety of hazards—including projectiles (e.g., dust, metal or wood), chemicals, radiation, blood borne pathogens and even electronic devices.
Nevertheless, eye doctors confirm that utilizing proper safety precautions can help prevent or reduce the severity of 90% of work-related eye injuries. With this in mind, consider the following guidance for protecting your eyes at work and avoiding painful injuries:
- Know the risks—Make sure you are fully aware of any eye-related hazards within your workplace. Knowing the potential dangers that come with your specific job responsibilities is important to help you understand how to reduce your unique risks.
- Utilize proper protection—Be sure to wear adequate eye protection for the task or hazard at hand. Potential protective eye wear options include safety glasses, goggles, face shields and helmets. Regardless of which form of protective eye wear is required, ensure you know how to properly put on, use, store and maintain it. Inform your supervisor if your eye protection gets lost or damaged.
- Follow workplace safety measures—Apart from wearing eye protection, it’s also crucial to follow any workplace policies and procedures regarding eye safety. This includes using machine guards or any other engineering controls.
- Avoid eye strain—Especially if you work in an office setting and utilize electronic devices throughout the day, be sure to take routine breaks away from the screen to avoid digital eye strain.
- Be prepared—If you or a co-worker experiences an eye-related injury on the job, inform your supervisor and seek medical attention immediately.
If you have any additional questions or concerns regarding eye safety at work, consult your supervisor.
When accidents or disasters or trauma occurs, call on SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc to help clean up and disinfect. We specialize in fire and water damage, along with mold remediation, asbestos abatement, trauma cleanup and many other forms of specialized cleaning. If a disaster or or accident occurs, even emergency response, call SERVPRO at 920-674-3002
SERVPRO. "Like it never even happened."
Important home safety tips for older adults
This year’s theme focuses on how everyone can make a difference in the lives of older adults. If you have elderly parents, you know that it’s important to them to continue to live independently in their home.
If they’re in overall good health, there are many things that can be done to help them continue to live independently while staying safe.
1. Declutter. Decluttering helps clear out rooms and walkways giving them more room to move, hopefully reducing the possibility of trips and falls. If your parents are decluttering, or need to start, consider lending them a hand when you’re able. Decluttering can be an overwhelming and cumbersome project.
2. Tighten handrails. Whether you’re young or old, everyone needs to use a handrail on occasion. Finding out the handrail is loose or broken when you need it most can result in serious injuries. Check the hardware that supports the handrail to make sure it’s tight and in good condition. If replacement parts are needed, make the repairs a priority.
3. Remove large rugs. While rugs can add to the décor, they can also be very dangerous. Seniors using walkers, canes, or shoes with inserts can get tripped up easily. By removing the rugs, your parents will be able to navigate their home more easily and safely. If you can’t convince your parents to remove them, make sure rugs are tacked down or have anti-slip pads.
4. Inspect the stairs. A thorough inspection of the stairs is important. Stairs can have several issues that may have been overlooked when your parents were younger. Things to look for include:
- Uneven steps
- Loose or wobbly floorboards
- Worn, ripped, or loose carpet
Depending on what’s wrong with their stairs, you may need to contact a professional to fix them.
5. Help with changes to their bathroom. Bathrooms can be extremely dangerous. Water, rugs, slippery surfaces, and small spaces can make it difficult for them to maneuver which can lead to slips and falls. Here are some things that can improve safety.
- Install grab bars. Grab bars should be installed in and around their shower or tub. If they have a slight balance problem, this can give them the appropriate support they need. Never rely on towel bars to do the same job. They’re not designed to support that much weight. If your parents don’t have good upper-body strength, then a different solution is needed.
- Install a shower chair. A shower chair can be taken in and out of a shower or bathtub or it can be permanently installed. A shower chair is a nice option for any senior who doesn’t have balance issues and can safely get in and out. If they can’t get in and out safely, this isn’t an option for them. For additional options click here.
- Install a raised toilet seat. A raised toilet seat offers many benefits. Most raised seats can add 3-6 inches of lift. This makes it easier to sit and stand. This lift reduces falls and prevents uncomfortable movements. Adding optional arm supports can provide needed assistance while they’re using the toilet.
- Use non-slip mats or rugs. Proper placement in the bathroom can help eliminate falls on slippery surfaces.
- Consider a walk-in tub. If the options mentioned above don’t work and your parents are adamant about staying in their home, it may be time for them to install a walk-in tub. While walk-in tubs are expensive, the swinging door allows seniors to navigate in and out easily.
6. Help them rearrange their kitchen. It’s tough to re-arrange their kitchen when they’ve been going to the same drawer or cupboard for many years. However, moving frequently used items to lower shelves can prevent your parents from reaching and losing balance or trying to use stools or stepladders.
7. Install a ramp. If your parents have stairs in their home and limited mobility, it’s important to take measures to ensure that any and all accessibility needs are met. This means finding and implementing the proper wheelchair ramp for maximum maneuverability, ease of use, and safety.
8. Install smart devices. Smart devices allow us to be more connected to our homes. Adding smart devices to your parent’s home can allow them to age gracefully in the comfort of their own home. It also can provide you with peace of mind. Check out these five devices that can improve their safety.
9. Encourage your parents to hire professional services. If lawn maintenance or snow removal is becoming difficult for them, encourage them to hire a service.
It’s important that we all lend a helping hand when we can.
Posted by Scott Stueber on May 5, 2020 11:41:29 AM
Local SERVPRO Franchise Conducts Wellness Challenge To Promote Healthy Eating and Exercise
Facts About Workplace Wellness
Some people will think of SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc as another restoration company. However, we are not just another restoration company. We take pride in what we do, we truly care about what we do and we are confident in what we do and we strive for those things to help make happy customers. Happy customers starts from happy employees. If our employees are not happy and just "going through the motions," then the customer service experience may not be positive.
It is not just about the money that the employee earns, but also caring about their job and caring about the customer experience. In order to help keep our customers happy, the Executive Management team at SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc encourages our employees to live happy and healthy lifestyles. One way we do this is by having a "Wellness Challenge" which all employees are encouraged to participate in.
We feel that the Holiday Season actually begins with Halloween and ends after New Years Day. All employees are encouraged to limit their candy consumption, particularly after Halloween. Employees are encouraged to watch what they eat over Thanksgiving and the other Holidays. We encourage each other to no overeat during these celebrations.
This Wellness Challenge included weekly weigh-ins and the winner is determined by the highest PERCENT weight loss over the designated time period. This challenge created friendly competition amongst the SERVPRO staff and light-hearted teasing. We are happy to say that ten SERVPRO employees participated in this recent 12-week Wellness Challenge. Even though the results varied from person to person, the encouragement that was given and received from each participant to do their best and avoid eating poorly was great to witness. Employees took pride in their exercise routine and shared stories of success with each other. To see their faces after a weigh-in that led to a loss of weight was very rewarding for management.
Thank you to all the SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc employees who participated. We are proud of all your individual accomplishments!
A special thank you to Sarah, a SERVPRO Marketing Rep. who also was a form weight coach in her past. With Sarah's leadership and experience, these employees had a wonderful experience!
If you have any questions about fire or water damage, please call the restoration professionals at SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc (920) 674-3002.
Tips To Prevent Package Theft
Prevent These Delivered Boxes From Being Stolen From Your Home
SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc cares about you, your home or business and your contents. Unfortunately, there are some people out there that do not care and will steal packages from your doorstep. The following are tips from our insurance provider that we thought should be passed on to our customers.
This holiday season, you may find that online shopping is a convenient way to check items off your list. While shopping from the comfort of your couch has its benefits, have you considered the risks involved with having a package delivered to your front door? Package thieves, sometimes referred to as “package pirates”, are stealing millions of packages every year. According to a study done by C+R Research, 31% of individuals had a package stolen last holiday season. On average, stolen packages can be an expensive loss. According to a study by Ring last year, the median value of a stolen package was about $250. With the Holiday season among us and online shopping on the rise, you and your family may want to discuss some options to keep your gifts and deliveries safe.
Tips To Prevent Package Theft
Outdoor Security CameraInstalling a camera at your front door is a great way to provide piece of mind, and can deter a thief from attempting to steal your package. Doorbell camera systems such as Nest and Ring are user-friendly and easy to install. These home security systems will allow you to view a live stream of your home from your personal smart phone, so you always know who is knocking at your door. Most doorbell camera systems will notify you when activity is detected, so you’ll know exactly when your item is delivered (even if they don’t ring the doorbell!). Use this function to prevent a package theft by stopping at home to bring your item inside, or even teaming up with neighbors by asking them to hold your package temporarily.
Ship to Work or to Friend/Family’s HomeFor some individuals, stopping at home in the middle of the day might not be an option. A great alternative is to have your item shipped to your workplace. Speak to your manager and see what your company policy is- most employers understand that you spend most of your time at work therefore it may be acceptable to receive deliveries there. Sometimes workspace is limited though, so brainstorm people you know that are usually home during the day. Family members who are retired or friends that work from home would be great people to reach out to! The more the merrier when it comes to preventing package theft in our community.
Amazon Hub Locker or In-Store Pick UpIf you are shopping on Amazon, there is now an option to ship packages under 20lbs to an Amazon Hub location. Instead of having your package shipped to a home or business, you can select a “Pickup Point” in your area and have your item shipped to a secured locker kiosk. These Kiosks are located in more than 900 cities and towns across the U.S.! You can use an easy online locator tool to find one near you. They tend to be at neighborhood grocery stores, banks, pharmacy and other easy to access locations. You will receive an email when your item is delivered, and you must pick it up within 3 days of delivery. When you arrive for pick up, just enter your unique pick up code, retrieve your item from the locker, and you are good to go!
Alternatively, if you are shopping at an online retailer other than Amazon, check to see if there is an “in store pick up” option. Insider tip: call the store directly if you do not see a “ship to store” option online. Often times, stores will offer free shipping when you ship to their location!
Online shopping has become a common part of our lives, and its safe to say its here to stay. That being said, porch theft has become all too common as well. Being aware of the risk is the first step to protecting your deliveries. Taking a few moments to consider the above tips may save you from being a part of the staggering porch theft statistic. We hope that these tips were helpful, and wish you have a very happy Holiday season!
Damage of all kinds, whether from burglary, fire, water or mold can be cleaned up by the restoration professionals at SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc. (920) 674-3002.
Meet Misty - SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc's Office Manager
Misty - Office Manager
SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc is pleased to welcome Misty as our newest team member! Misty is the Office Manager who oversees all office procedures and policies. Misty is dedicated to giving exemplary customer service and leading her staff to the same level. Some hobbies she enjoys includes off-roading, riding the Harley and crocheting. (Little known fact, Misty is a certified crochet instructor from the American Crochet Association)
The office staff at SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc start the customers experience with responsive service. They listen to recognize what the customer needs are and gives the customer the comfort they have called the best company for their needs. They are organized to take your call when you need them.
To learn more about any of our services, such as fire and water damage needs, or asbestos abatement, deodorization or general cleaning needs, call Misty or one of her knowledgeable office staff at 920-674-3002. SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc.
Budget Planning For An Emergency
Emergency Situations Can Be Expensive!
Emergency Budget Planning
If you are like most people, you try to be prepared for when an emergency might happen, but most people are not prepared. Do you try to budget for the unexpected, and it never seems to be enough? Here are a few things to take into consideration when making an emergency budget.
- What are my monthly bills – mortgage, electric/gas/water, phone, groceries, vehicle gas, insurance home/auto. Take the monthly total x 6 and that should be your emergency savings. The better prepared you are will make the emergency less stressful.
- Where will the family stay in case of an emergency? Plan with family or friends for a place to stay and check to see what local hotels charge by the week so you have a plan B. It’s always good to have a backup plan, don’t forget to add this coast to the emergency budget.
- What about your pets, the furry family members? Where will they stay? Will family or friends welcome your pets in their home? Is there a boarder that you trust? What is the food coast for a month or an emergency vet visit? When making the emergency budget don’t forget to add the furry members coast into your total as well or have a separate budget just for them.
- What will insurance cover? As a homeowner you should know what your insurance will cover and what they won’t, if you use a broker make an appointment to talk about it. A few questions for your broker are – Do I need to increase my limits? Do I need to add an umbrella to my policy? If you don’t use a broker maybe investigate to find savings and to know that you truly are covered for those unexpected moments.
- Who to call when an emergency happens? If an emergency happens, do you have a plan on who to call? SERVPRO is the leading restoration company nationwide. Our crews are trained and ready to help you when emergencies happen to your home and make it "Like it never even happened".
As the nationwide leading restoration company, you should call SERVPRO of Jefferson County for all your emergency cleanup needs. Call (920)674-3002 for more information and to speak with a trained professional.
Homeowners Insurance Policy
Homeowners Insurance Policy
Getting the right homeowners’ policy is not an easy task. You see many commercials that are telling you their company will provide the “best” coverage and price. Below are some tips to think about when looking for insurance for your home.
Your home is a big investment and you want to make sure it is cover when you have any losses and/or damage to your home.
Do some comparison shopping of policies.
Look at four to five insurance companies to get the price that works for you with good coverage for your home.
Ask questions about their various offerings, look at the different aspects of each policy, specifically the limits, deductibles, and exclusions.
Most standard homeowner’s insurance policies include:
Dwelling – this type of insurance covers structural damage of your home, costs to repair or rebuild your home after a covered peril, like a fire.
Other Structures – this insurance would provide coverage for structures like a workshop, shed, garage, etc., this is a structure that is not attached to your home.
Contents – this insurance covers the replacement of items specified in the policy in case of theft or loss.
Liability – this type of insurance provides protection against claims resulting from damage to other people and/or properties, or legal and medical costs from accidents and injuries that occurred on the property.
Aside from those types of insurance you can get add-ons that would cover flooding, mold damage and land movement
Some insurance companies can offer discounts on your premium, you would just need to ask the agent what that insurance company offers. This can help you save. Know that the cheapest premium does not always mean you are getting the best coverage for your insurance. Look for policies that will offer you the best coverage, it is about quality insurance to cover ones of your biggest assets.
Be sure you are covered
When reviewing options of your insurance policy it necessary to answer any inquires as accurate and detailed as possible. This will help make sure you have an accurate policy. It is very important to know and understand all of what your policy will be covering. You don’t want to have a loss/claim occur and then find out you don’t have coverage and needing to spend extra money at that time.
Consider customer satisfaction.
It is important to know your insurance company and what their reputation is. Knowing how the insurance company handles claims, what is the customer satisfaction of the insurance agent and their agency. Look at the company’s testimonials, look on social media, ask others what they know about that company.
The homeowner’s insurance comparison shopping process can be very challenging. You will be required to take time, have patience, and persistence to find the right policy for you, your family and your home.
So many homeowners make the mistake of merely comparing the premiums and not the type of coverage that it will offer you. It may be easy to go online and find the least expensive premium but will that give you the right coverage your home will need in the event of a claim.
This blog was created citing Rachael Harper, Content Marketing Strategist of Bennett & Porter, a wealth management and insurance firm based in Scottsdale, Arizona. The article was found on West Mutual’s website. is the.
Safety Tips for Turkey Frying Season
Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Approaching the turkey frying holiday means we need to educate ourselves on the dangers of frying our own turkeys at home. Deep frying a turkey presents a high risk of fire, one of the many reasons to be careful. Turkey frying oil, even in small amounts, is highly flammable. There is also the risk of the fryer tipping over, possibly causing injuries and even fires.
Please follow proper safety procedures when frying turkeys this Thanksgiving. Here are a few rules to follow to keep your family and your home safe this fall.
- Don’t fry a turkey in an enclosed area, like a porch area or a garage.
- Keep a fire extinguisher near the fryer in case of emergency. Make sure the extinguisher is all-purpose.
- Keep children and pets away from the fryer, even after you are done cooking. It can take a few hours for the oil to cool after cooking.
- Never leave the fryer unattended, just as you should never leave the stove unattended when cooking.
- Always wear proper safety equipment like oven mitts or use pot holders. Long sleeves and safety goggles will protect you from oil splatter.
As always, if a fire starts, call 911 right away.
Colder Weather Preparation and Cleaning
It is starting to get colder as fall approaches, are you prepared for the colder weather? Check out each of the items on this list to prep your home. Planning for harsh weather will help reduce expenses and keep your home safe throughout the winter months
- Keep the heat in
Don’t freeze the pipes
- Seal off any areas where the heat could leak out, like cracks under doors or around windows. Another cost efficient way to keep the heat from escaping is using a window insulation kit you can set up yourself.
Give your house a good fall cleaning
- Drain all outside hoses and faucets to keep them from freezing. Water freezing in pipes could cause them to burst, creating a lot of problems. Even if you are away for the winter, keep the heat set above 55? to keep the pipes from freezing. Simply keeping the garage door closed can keep the winter air from getting to pipes that may be running near the garage.
- Get your chimney cleaned out before enjoying your fireplace on a cold day. Built up soot and debris can cause a chimney fire.
- Clean out all the dead leaves and other debris from the gutters to prevent them from blocking water from properly draining. Backed up water will freeze and create ice dams, which can cause damage to your home.
Prep your home for the cold before winter comes. Each little fix could prevent expensive repairs during the winter months.
Are You Prepared?
Beginner's Guide to National Preparedness Month
September is National Preparedness Month so make sure you and your family are prepared for disaster. Having a plan is vital to keeping everyone safe. Check out this list of important procedures to keep your household safe and sound.
- Make an In-Case-of-Emergency Plan.
- Create a plan for your family to follow so they know what to do when emergency strikes. Establish the do’s and don’t’s of any particular emergency. It is important that everyone knows where they need to go and how to get there. Make sure children know how to get out of the house in the case of a fire and where they know they can find you once they are out of the house.
- Practice your I.C.E. Plan
- Practice the emergency plan you created with your family. Practicing ensures that everyone fully understands the plan and helps keep everyone from stressing when an emergency does happen. Don’t be afraid to go through the plan from time to time. It is important to run through everything every few months so no one forgets important parts of the plan.
- Learn basic life-saving skills and procedures (and teach them to the whole family!)
- Learn CPR and make sure your household knows it, too. Everyone who is old enough to stay home alone should know to perform CPR on themselves and someone else.
- Make sure your home is fully equipped with smoke and natural gas detectors. All detectors should be tested once a month to ensure they work properly and the batteries are not dead.
- Know where the emergency shutoffs are for everything in your home. In the case of an emergency, you want to know where you need to go to shut off the natural gas line in the occurence of a leak, for example.
- Teach all members of the family how to use basic emergency equipment, like a fire extinguisher, so they are able to try to prevent major emergencies when they can.
- Check your insurance policy to make sure you are covered
- It’s better to be safe rather than sorry. Check your policy to see if your house is fully protected against accidents and natural disasters. Keep in mind that home insurance does not cover flooding, a fact most homeowners don’t know until it’s too late.
- Always set aside an emergency fund.
- Keep a savings account to save up money in case disaster strikes. Damage done by natural disasters can wreak havoc on your bank account so keep some funds available to get your family and your home back on their feet.
Being prepared reduces the hardship on your home and your family during disaster. Follow these tips to keep your family safe because disaster can happen at any moment. To see more about the tips above and for more ways to prepare yourself, check out Ready.Gov for more information about National Preparedness Month.
We Help You Take Back Control
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc has the equipment and know how to get the job done.
With over 5,000,000 square feet of building space, housing over 140,000 pieces of cleaning and restoration equipment, SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc trained professionals have the resources to help you take back control of your life.
Our Trained Professionals
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc has trained professionals that are here 24/7/365 when you need us the most.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc trained professionals carefully inspect your property, determining the type of damage and the areas affected. This is a crucial step to creating an effective plan of action that will result in a successful restoration.
Animals & Cold Weather
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc knows pets and livestock need shelter during the winter months, just as much as people.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc suggests to bring pets and animals inside during cold weather. Move other animals or livestock to sheltered areas with access to drinking water.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc knows winter weather can sneak up and catch you off guard.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc would like to know, is anyone ever truly prepared for winter weather? Researchers say that 70 percent of the fatalities related to ice and snow occur in automobiles, and about 25 percent of all winter related fatalities occur when people are caught off guard in a storm.
Happy New Year!
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc wish you and your loved ones have a GREAT 2016!
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc would like to wish everyone a safe and prosperous 2016. Please remember, if you experience any water or fire damage, contact us so that we can clear things away quickly and get your life back to "like it never even happened".
Holiday Safety Tip #10
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc would like you to help us spread as much holiday cheer as possible.
Happy Holidays from our entire team at SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc. Here's a tip that EVERYONE can get involved in: Spreading holiday cheer! #12DaysOfSafety
Holiday Safety Tip #9
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc wants everyone to enjoy tasty food without any danger present.
If your holiday plans include eating a lot of food, be mindful that cooking is the number one cause of home fires and injuries. SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc would like you to please pay attention while cooking this year. #12DaysOfSafety
Holiday Safety Tip #8
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc knows it's safer to see clearly this holiday season.
Got an iced windshield? SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc suggests to use lukewarm, NOT HOT, water to de-ice. Hot water can cause your windshield to crack. #12DaysOfSafety
Holiday Safety Tip #7
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc likes to try to be inventive with helping, as suggested here.
Got an icy deck or driveway? SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc suggests to keep your family and guests safe by using salt or kitty litter to add traction to icy surfaces. #12DaysOfSafety
Holiday Safety Tip #6
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc want your holidays to be filled with happy smells, not stinky ones.
Believe it or not, sewage backup is a common holiday problem. SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc would like you to be smart and dispose of trash properly, or you may find yourself in a stinky situation. #12DaysOfSafety
Holiday Safety Tip #5
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc wants you, your pets and children to have a fun and safe holiday season.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc knows they may make great holiday decorations, but keep in mind mistletoe, poinsettias and holly berries can be toxic, especially to children. #12DaysOfSafety
Holiday Safety Tip #4
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc would like for BOTH you and your pets to have a joyous holiday season.
Trees and pets. Both of them can add a lot of joy to the holiday season, but sometimes, they don't mix well. Check out the SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc Pet/Tree Safety tips here. #12DaysOfSafety
Holiday Safety Tip #3
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc wants your lights on so all can enjoy them. But be safe with them while sleeping or while away from home.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc knows holiday lights are beautiful, but by turning yours off when you leave the house and go to sleep, you can both minimize your bills and reduce the risk of fire. #12DaysOfSafety
Holiday Safety Tip #2
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc would like for you and your family to enjoy candles and be safe around them as well.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc would like you to handle holiday candles with care! Remember to keep the flame far away from decorations, ornaments and especially trees. #12DaysOfSafety
Holiday Safety Tip #1
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc wants to make sure your decorations look good and are safe.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc knows trees, though festive, can be the cause of serious fire damage.
- Keep your tree away from fireplaces
- Avoid high-traffic areas
- Don't forget to water it!
12 Days of Safety
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc will be giving you the 12 days of safety.
Decorating your home or have loved ones coming to visit? SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc will be gathering a tip a day to help you get in the holiday spirit safely. So come back every day for the next 12 days to see what they are! #12DaysOfSafety
Holiday Travel Plans
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc wants you to have peace of mind this holiday season.
If you're going out of town for an extended period of time this holiday season, SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc has compiled a list of tips to keep your home safe. #HolidayHomePrep
Winterize Your Vehicle
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc would like you to be prepared for every season.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc knows Winter can take a nasty toll on your car. Follow these simple tips to make sure your vehicle is adequately prepared for the cold.
A Roof Over Your Head
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc wants to make sure you and your family are covered at all times.
Remember to be thankful for the shelter above your head that keeps you warm and dry. And if disaster ever strikes, don't hesitate to give SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc a call. Everything under your roof, everyone under ours. #RoofOverYourHeadDay
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc knows that safety is as important as beautiful decorations.
When setting up a holiday display, SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc would like to remind you to make sure you do not block or obstruct doors and passageways.
Our Employees & Customers
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc is thankful everyday for what we have and what we can give back.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc is very thankful for all of our hardworking employees and our wonderful customers who trust us to make it Like It Never Even Happened.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc is very thankful to be here to serve you in your time of need.
Today, SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc is thankful for 40+ years of dedicated employees who've worked hard every day to make it "Like it never even happened." We're very thankful for the amazing opportunity to serve our customers & neighbors these last 48 years. #HappyThanksgiving
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc wishes you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving.
We give our thanks to YOU for letting us serve you year after year. Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc.
A Moving Plan
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc wants your move to be as stress-free as possible.
Moving to a new home or office soon? SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc suggests to minimize your stress by creating a moving plan. #TipTuesday
Peace of Mind
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc thinks that peace of mind goes a long way when disaster strikes.
Have peace of mind when a disaster strikes and create your evacuation and emergency communication plans. For more tips and information SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc would like you to visit: www.ready.gov/make-a-plan #NatlPrep
SERVPRO Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc suggests getting a FREE E.R.P. set up so you can be better prepared.
SERVPRO Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc is no stranger to preparation. We encourage you to put the proper steps in place should an emergency arise. Need help? Call us today to set up an Emergency Ready Plan!
Thank You For Our Freedom
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc knows that our freedom isn't free, it's paid with a price. We are eternally grateful.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc salutes all those who have fought for the freedom Americans cherish and enjoy every day. All of us here owe you our gratitude and heartfelt thanks.
Top 10 Tools You Should Have
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc knows owning even the most basic tools are important.
The link below are the top 10 tools SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc thinks every homeowner needs in their toolbox.
(Original article written by Patricia L. Garcia for NewHome Source)
Business Disaster Tip
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc would like you to be prepared at home, at the office or while on the road.
Being prepared in advance can affect how much of your property can be restored versus replaced. Call SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc to set up your Emergency READY Profile, and be "Ready for whatever happens."
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc loves to give back to the community and to those who are in need.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc knows that fall is a great time to clean out your unwanted/used items and donate them to Goodwill, Easter Seals or the charity of your choice.
Burning Candles Longer
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc knows that fall lighting and scents create a warm mood. Try the tips above to make your candles last longer.
Whether you are burning candles for fun, fall scent or for lighting your home during a power loss, SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc has ways to make them burn longer by following these simple tips.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc wants to make sure you have fun too.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc knows that sometimes it's more fun to play than to clean up.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc wants you to be save and have fun this Halloween.
Thinking of having a bonfire for Halloween? SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc would like you to please follow these simple tips to have fun and stay safe.
House to Home
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc will make sure that your fire or water damage will be "Like it never even happened".
Afraid of returning to your house again after a scary fire or water damage? Give our experts at SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc a call, and we'll make your house feel like home again.
Commercial and Residential
Commercial or residential, SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc will make sure your disaster is taken care of "Like it never even happened".
Whether your cleanup needs are commercial or residential, SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc is faster to any sized disaster, and we're always #HereToHelp.
SERVPRO Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc unfortunately can only help so much.
When your boss catches you on Facebook while you are supposed to be working, you're going to wish you could make it "Like It never even happened." If only there was a SERVPRO Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc for everything.
And Your Answer Is...
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc is here 24/7/365 no matter what kind of disaster strikes.
Storms and floods have caused the most reported losses with wildfires coming in at 3rd. Make sure you are prepared for the possibilities, and if disaster strikes, you know who to call; SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc.
Do You Know?
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc would like to test your knowledge.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc has a question: Do you know which disasters have caused the most reported losses over the last 25 years?
Restoration > Devastation
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc is here to help you out through hard decisions and to make things "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc knows sometimes it's the hardest things in life that end up making us the most thankful.
Prepare Your Car
Like any other tool you may have, SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc knows that your car is just as important.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc would like you to keep in mind that in case of emergency, make sure to prepare your car in case you have to leave at a moment's notice. Cables, water and food are also great items to keep stocked in your vehicle.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc knows that being mentally prepared is just as important as being physically prepared.
Studies show that survival in a disaster is 90% mental. Being emotionally prepared can significantly affect you and your family's experience. SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc would like you to think about the possibilities and ready yourself.
Read more here:http://www.newsweek.com/10-survival-tips-disaster-preparedness-75541
Fall is Here
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc is here all through Fall, 24/7 for your fire and water disaster needs.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc knows there are so many awesome, fun activities in the Fall. All of us here hope you enjoy all the wonderful things fall has to offer. If during this time you have a fire or water disaster, call us 24/7 and we'll be there.
Cash On Hand
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc knows that sometimes the simplest things can make life easier when a disaster hits.
In today's world, paper money is quickly becoming an afterthought. But in a disaster, technology often takes a hit. SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc thinks it's a good idea to prepare your family by making sure you have cash on hand.
At SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc we know office safety is just as important as safety at home.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc knows office communication is key during a disaster. Make sure a contact list is an important piece of your office emergency plan.
Family Emergency Plan
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc would like you and your family to have a family emergency plan before disaster strikes.
Here's a tip for you and your family from SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc; The first step to being prepared in any situation is to have a plan. And there's no place where that plan matters more than at home with the ones you love most.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc is a friend that doesn't mind being contacted 24/7, 365 days a year. We are here when you need us the most.
No matter if your disaster is small or large, fire or water, SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc is always here when you need us.
After the Power Goes Out...
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc wants to make sure you know about food safety before the power goes out.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc would like to let you know that most foods - meat, poultry, fish, dairy and cooked leftovers - are safe to eat for up to 4 hours from the time the power in your refrigerator goes out. After that, it's time to discard.
We Have the Experience
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc has the know how and experience to get the job done.
No matter how bad your property damage is, SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc has the experience to handle it.
Fires & Storms
No matter if it's fire or water, SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc will be here for you 24/7 when disaster strikes.
Fires and storms cost more than monetary damage to your property. They can cost you the moments you love most. When you experience damage, SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc will be here to make your house feel like home again.
Social Media Tip
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc thinks it's very important to be well connected on social media so you know what's going on around you.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc suggests to stay informed about local weather and emergency updates by following local officials like police, fire, and emergency managers on social media.
About Your Lost Fuzzy Sock...
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc gives you a useful option for your one fuzzy sock that was left behind.
Did your dryer eat one of your fuzzy socks? No worries! SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc would like to let you know that your other fuzzy sock can actually be used as a sweeper mop to help out around the house. ?#HereToHelp?
Are You Ready?
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc would like you to be prepared for an unexpected disaster by downloading our #ReadyApp today.
You may never feel fully ready for school to start again, but by downloading the SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc #ReadyApp, you can be prepared for an unexpected disaster.
Work Like a Dog Day
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc works hard every day to make your disaster like it never even happened.
At the SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc office, we work like a dog every day to make your disaster like it never even happened. But since somebody out there decided to make yesterday the official ?#WorkLikeADogDay?, we thought we'd share this cute pic.
The End of National Ice Cream Month
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc likes to have a sweet treat every once in a while when we aren't busy with fire & water damage cleanup.
Seeing as July 31st was the last day of national #IceCreamMonth, SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc invites you to indulge in a little sweet treat. Our favorite flavor is green mint, obviously. ;) What's yours?
Proper People & Tools
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc knows that the right people and tools at the right time can make a world of difference.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc feels that putting the proper people and tools in place can prevent chaos and confusion during an emergency.
It's All About 911
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc wants to make sure you know when it's the right time to call.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc wants to ensure that your family members and office staff know how and when it's appropriate to call 9-1-1.
We Are Nationwide
The SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc office is one of many across the nation. Making SERVPRO faster to any size disaster.
Our SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc office is one of 1,650 Franchises nationwide so you know we're always here to help, everywhere.
Stash Some Cash
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc suggests to stash some cash if there's an extended power outage in your area.
During an extended power outage, SERVPRO of Jefferson Co./Oconomowoc thinks ATMs & credit card machines may not work. Include extra $$ in your emergency kit.
Account For All Employees
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc knows employee safety is most important to any employer.
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co. / Oconomowoc knows that before, during and after any disaster event, employee safety should always be the first priority. Account for all employees by establishing evacuation plans in advance, identifying areas outside the building that are designated meeting places.
We Are Packed & Ready
At SERVPRO Jefferson Co. / Oconomowoc we like to keep you ready for whatever happens.
When fire and water cleanup is needed, getting help is now quicker and easier using the SERVPRO of Jefferson Co. / Oconomowoc READY Plan App. The Ready Plan is an emergency preparedness tool for home and business owners, property managers, risk managers and facility management. It allows for the creation of an Emergency READY Profile® containing critical facility information to help speed up response time.
Watch the helpful, informational video by clicking HERE.
Reconnecting After A Disaster
SERVPRO of Jefferson Co. / Oconomowoc want's you to be able to reconnect to those who matter the most to you when disaster strikes.
How will you reconnect with one another? SERVPRO of Jefferson Co. / Oconomowoc thinks it's very important to make a plan now so you will know what to do, how to find each other, and how to communicate in the event of an emergency.
Need New scissors?
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc want's to remind that you can sharpen your dull scissors with sandpaper.
No need to purchase new scissors when they become dull; instead sharpen them with sandpaper! Just another helpful tip from SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc.
Cricket Chirps & Outside Temperature
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc would like you to try this fun and educational science experiment.
Did you know you can calculate the temperature outside by counting the number of chirps a cricket produces in 14 seconds and then adding 40? SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc knows it sounds like a lot of math in this heat, but give it a try.
Our Drive To Help
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc uses the best state of the art equipment to help get things back to normal in your time of need.
With the help of up to date technology and state of the art equipment, SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc strives to make your property loss "Like it never even happened!"
You Can Count On Us!
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc is always ready to help you in your time of need, no matter if it's fire or water damage.
We know you count on us when you need help most. SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc is dedicated to helping you recover after a flood or fire.
Old SERVPRO Equipment
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc is very interested in the history of the company that helps make disasters "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc loves the look of this old SERVPRO equipment displayed in the museum at Corporate Headquarters!
SERVPRO Convention Week
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc can't wait for the yearly convention to begin!
Convention week has finally arrived - Windy City get ready for SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc! We're ready for this years convention so we can learn to help our customers even better in their time of need.
It's SERVPRO Convention Time
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc will be represented by our owner Tom Hendricks at this years convention.
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc will be heading to the 46th Annual SERVPRO® Convention next week, we're looking forward to another great year!
Over The Years
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc has all the tools at the ready when you need us the most.
Guess not that much has changed over the years. SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc still has all the tools to make it "Like it never even happened."
It Doesn't Matter The Size...
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc is ready for any size disaster you may have for us.
Big or small, SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc is ready for cleanups of any size! Click HERE to learn more.
We Hope You Had a Happy Father's Day
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc would like to thank all the fathers out there in the SERVPRO family for doing what you do.
A belated Happy Father's Day to all those Dads out there, those who wear green and those who don't from SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc.
Our Great Team
The SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc team is here for you 24/7.
Our employees at SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc make a great team and are ready to help you out in your time of need through ANY disaster.
National Donut Day
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc really loves donuts! We hope you do too!
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc didn't let this holiday pass us by... National Donut Day! Did you celebrate, we all did!
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc likes it when everything has turned green. Have a great Summer!
What's your favorite part about the warmer weather? Personally, SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc enjoys all the greenery.
About Your Emergency READY Profile...
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc would like to set up your Emergency READY Profile so you can be better prepared when disaster strikes.
So are you a Safety Pro or Safety No? If you need help getting your property ready, contact SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc to start your Emergency READY Profile today!
Preparation Is Key
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc is always prepared to help you out in your time of need.
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc doesn't rely on luck, we count on preparation.
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc thinks of your safety no matter what you do or where you are.
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc suggests to avoid getting in and out of your vehicle while refueling. Static electricity can develop on your body as you slide across the seat, causing a spark to ignite the gasoline vapor when you reach for the pump.
About Your Property...
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc's number one priority is to make sure you are happy and like we weren't even there.
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc treats your property like we would our own and strive to make our visit #LikeItNeverEvenHappened.
Our Favorite Things...
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc has a few favorite tools we love to use to make your loss "Like it never even happened".
Extractors we roll out and dehues that dry out, sponges of white and hoses of green...these are a few of SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc's favorite things.
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc wants to make sure that your loss is "Like it never even happened".
With over 5,000,000 square feet of building space, housing over 140,000 pieces of cleaning and restoration equipment, SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc trained professionals have the resources to help you take back control of your life.
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc thinks that it's been a very dry Spring thus far.
What April showers? SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc sees nothing but blue skies. #LikeItNeverEvenHappened
Thank You Deanna
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc appreciates our Admin Professional Deanna. Thank you for all you do to help. It's GREATLY appreciated!
It's always busy here at SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc, and we couldn't keep up without the help from our Admin Professional Deanna. Thank you for all you do!
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc always thinks green and tries hard on every job to be green.
Being green is in SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc's DNA in more ways than one. What are you doing to get ready for #EarthDay? #RestoreVsReplace
No Job Is Too Large
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc has the cleanup specialists to get the job done right every time!
From residential to commercial, no job is too large for our SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc cleanup specialists!
Fire and Water Damage
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc technicians are trained to clean and restore your home to the point "Like it never even happened".
Fire and water damage can leave your house unsafe and unlivable. SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc technicians are trained to clean and restore your home with as little disruption as possible. "Like it never even happened".
10 Quick Energy Saving Tips for Spring
With the start of a new season comes a fresh opportunity for SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc to find ways for you to save energy and money.
Here are 10 simple things that SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc thinks you can do to improve the energy efficiency and comfort of your home as warmer temperatures arrive:
1.) Service your air conditioner. Easy maintenance such as routinely replacing or cleaning air filters can lower your cooling system’s energy consumption by up to 15 percent. Also, the first day of spring could serve as a reminder to check your air conditioner’s evaporator coil, which should be cleaned annually to ensure the system is performing at optimal levels.
2.) Open windows. Opening windows creates a cross-wise breeze, allowing you to naturally cool your home without switching on air conditioners. This is an ideal tactic in spring when temperatures are mild.
3.) Use ceiling fans. Cooling your home with ceiling fans will allow you to raise your thermostat four degrees. This can help lower your electricity bills without sacrificing overall comfort.
4.) Cook outside. On warmer spring days, keep the heat out of your home by using an outdoor grill instead of indoor ovens.
5.) Install window treatments. Energy efficient window treatments or coverings such as blinds, shades and films can slash heat gain when temperatures rise. These devices not only improve the look of your home but also reduce energy costs.
6.) Caulk air leaks. Using low-cost caulk to seal cracks and openings in your home keeps warm air out -- and cash in your wallet.
7.) Bring in sunlight. During daylight hours, switch off artificial lights and use windows and skylights to brighten your home.
8.) Set the thermostat. On warm days, setting a programmable thermostat to a higher setting when you are not at home can help reduce your energy costs by approximately 10 percent.
9.) Seal ducts. Air loss through ducts can lead to high electricity costs, accounting for nearly 30 percent of a cooling system’s energy consumption. Sealing and insulating ducts can go a long way toward lowering your electricity bills.
10.) Switch on bathroom fans. Bathroom fans suck out heat and humidity from your home, improving comfort.
Being Prepared For An Emergency
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc suggests getting a list of people and tools together you can trust when any type of emergency hits.
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc believes putting the proper people and tools in place can prevent chaos and confusion during an emergency.
Spring is Here
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc believes a list of items to clean would be helpful to obtain your Spring cleaning goals faster.
The SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc calendar says Spring is here. What does your #SpringCleaning checklist include?
Our IICRC Training Helps You
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc's intense IICRC training arms us with the knowledge to restore your property.
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc's intense IICRC training arms us with the knowledge to restore your property so it's "Like it never even happend". The IICRC is a certification and standard-setting non-profit organization for the inspection, cleaning and restoration industries. In partnership with regional and international trade associates, the IICRC serves more than 25 countries with offices in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and Japan.
To find out more information click HERE.
Technology & Equipment Combined
SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc will work hard to get everything back to normal for your home or business.
With the help of up to date technology and state of the art equipment, SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc strive to make your property loss "Like it never even happened!"
SERVPRO of Jefferson County is Here for You 24/7/365
Call on SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc in your time of need.
We may have already sprung forward but no matter what the clock says, you can call SERVPRO of Jefferson County / Oconomowoc 24/7/365.