SERVPRO Thanks Our Veteran!
SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc would like to thank our military veterans and first responders for their service to our country and to our community. We would also like to thank our SERVPRO of our employee (Steve) who is a veteran of the United States Army!
Veterans Day is a federal holiday in the United States observed annually on November 11, for honoring military veterans, that is, persons who have service in the United States Armed Forces. Being a federal holiday of the US, the greatest event of Veterans Day is celebrated with huge respect, happiness and acknowledgement throughout the country.
Veterans day will look a little different this year with COVID-19, but here are some ideas on how to celebrate while staying safe:
- Ask a Veteran about their time in the military, and really listen to the answer.
- Hang a U.S. flag in your yard.
- Hug a veteran (only if they live in your home) and thank them.
- Ask an aging Veteran to share with you their favorite military story.
- Visit the gravesite of a Veteran.
- Send supplies to a local Veterans Support program for homeless veterans.