How to Deal with that Gross Smell in your House
Fire, mold or pet urine odors are among the top 3 reasons our customers call us. One of the most frequent questions we get asked after an incident that involves odor is "Will it still smell?"
SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc deals with odor in various way depending on your specific situation. The process in which we tackle the odor is multi-faceted. It is important to follow the below steps to successfully remove the odor you are dealing with.
1) Analyze the materials that are affected.
2) Remove the source of the odor if possible. This could include removal of fire damaged, moldy, urine affected materials. Carpet, drywall or insulation for example can hold an odor. If those materials are not removed, the odor may still remain.
3) Clean the affected surfaces with the proper chemical(s) to ensure the removal of the odor source.
4) Deodorize the affected area with an ozone treatment if appropriate
5) Follow up with the customer in a few days to confirm the odor has been removed to their satisfaction.
With the steps above being followed, the odor will likely be eliminated and you can get back to living your life without worry.
We take pride in our 90% rate of removing odors from homes and businesses. If you have an odor concern, please call us for a walk through of your structure to evaluate how we can help. Call SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc at (920) 541-1710 to handle all odor problems