Tornado Safety - What to do BEFORE a Disaster Strikes
Spring is tornado season in the midwest. Over half of tornadoes occur between April and June due to cold fronts and warm ait meeting and forming a vortex. Did you know that most tornadoes occur between 4 and 9pm? Here are our top tips at SERVPRO on how to prepare your family and home in the event of a tornado.
- Set your phone to get alerts from the weather channel when a tornado watch or warning occurs.
- Make a plan with everyone in your household of what to do in the event of a tornado- agree on the safest room and who will bring pets to safety.
- Stock your safe room with a first aid kit, portable phone charger, and battery operated radio so that you can get weather reports during a weather emergency.
- If extreme weather is likely store patio furniature and outside appliances. Put cars in a garage if poissible.
- Trim trees to prevent damage to your property from falling branches.
The best way to minimize the dangers of a tornado is to thouroughly prepare for it. If damage due to inclement does occur our SERVPRO team is here to help restore your home and property.