SERVPRO of Jefferson County Participates in CA$H Mob to Help a Neighboring Business
SERVPRO Participates In The Latest Local CA$H Mob
SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc, also a proud member of the Jefferson Chamber of Commerce, was pleased to participate in the latest CA$H Mob to help support a business in Jefferson, WI. Over 30 customers came out to support Brickhaus Cafe on July 24th for the Jefferson Chamber's CA$H MOB event from 8-9am. #cashmobjeffersonwi #buylocaljeffersonwi #weloveourmembers #jeffersonwichamber Brickhaus is a fast casual restaurant with cozy interior seating and spacious outside patio dining. They offer fair trade organic coffee, great paninis, fresh salads and soups. They are also open for take-out, Tues-Sat 7am-1:30pm. You can now either call-in or order online at https://www.brickhauscafe.com/ Please help support a local Jefferson business. If you are interested in joining the Jefferson Chamber of Commerce, call us and ask for Tina or Sarah. If you have questions about fire or water damage, call us and speak with a Certified Water Restoration Technician. 920-674-3002.
SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc Congratulates its High School Graduate Employee and all Students
Congratulations Alli! SERVPRO's latest Graduate
SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc would like to congratulate all 2020 graduates. It is unfortunate that due to the current pandemic we can not celebrate as normal, but we can honor you.
In particular, SERVPRO would like to congratulate Alli, a 2020 graduate from Jefferson High School. Alli has been employed as a part-time employee and we would like to honor her in this blog. Please enjoy what Alli wrote about herself.
As a recent high school graduate, I have a lot of learning to do. SERVPRO has helped me since I was 15 and has taught me many life lessons I would have never learned otherwise. I’m very grateful to have so many people who are supportive of my endeavors in my career and personal life. The amount of life knowledge I’ve gained from my time here is invaluable. Not only do I know how to immediately respond to a disaster should it happen, but I’ve also learned how to help stay hydrated when it's extremely hot. Or that occasional light-headedness can often be combated with eating more greens. I've learned that sometimes life isn't pretty, but it doesn’t last forever. The lessons you learn at work don’t have to be based on your job title, they can be based on life skills and experiences as well. Throughout the character developing experience we call high school I've also been involved in the character developing experience of working for SERVPRO, and for that I can't express my level of gratitude.
Congratulations Alli! We are very proud of you and glad that you are part of the SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc team!
SERVPRO Recommends Sump Pump Endorsement On Your Homeowner's Insurance Policy
Sump Pump Failure Can Lead To Significant Water Damage and Costly Repairs
Pretend that it is March. The winter snow is beginning to melt and the weather report is calling for a lot of rain. Or pretend it's summer and a very heavy band of rains travels across your area. Your newly finished basement remodel has everything you wanted, new plush carpet, a high end theater system, beautiful paint on the new walls and your furniture is perfect for the space. You can hear your sump pump kicking in as it should and you think everything is safe. The next morning, you wake up to your spouse saying "There's water in the basement." How much do you know about your homeowner's insurance policy? When was the last time you actually went through the policy to see what is covered and what isn't? Most of the time, homeowners just pay their bill and never look at their policy. In the case of a sump pump equipment failure it is imperative to know what coverage your homeowner insurance includes (or doesn't!)
Typically, an insurance policy comes with "basic" coverage. Things like a broken pipe in the wall or a roof leak are usually a covered loss. When it comes to sump pumps or sewage pipe backup, you will most likely need a special endorsement on your homeowners policy in order for insurance to help you with the cost.
A common endorsement is a Sump Pump endorsement. This is something that is an add-on to most basic insurance policies. If you don't know to ask about, it can often be overlooked. Sadly, once SERVPRO gets on site, the damage is already done and if there is no insurance coverage, the cost will be out of pocket.....your pocket. A common Sump Pump endorsement will come with a set coverage limit. Generally the limits will be in increments of $5,000. This results in the homeowner having $5,000, $10,000 or $15,000 insurance coverage for a sump pump failure type of loss. This seems like a lot of money but in reality, the loss could exceed $5,000 easily.
First, SERVPRO will come to the house and assess the damage. We will then take out all the wet materials in the area if needed. Then the area needs to be thoroughly dried to avoid any future damage from moisture, (ie, mold). An average water loss for SERVPRO ranges between $2,500 and $3,000. If your insurance endorsement has a $5,000 limit, that means you only have $2,000 to put the basement back together again. New carpet pad, new carpet, new insulation, new drywall, paint on the drywall, new furniture if necessary, etc. $2,000 isn't a lot left over. And if your policy has a limit, that means, that's the MOST that insurance will pay.
Historically, SERVPRO has found there is an above average amount of homeowners that find out they do NOT have proper coverage or any coverage AFTER they need help. Once SERVPRO does an assessment of the damage, those homeowners are met with a very real situation that could make a large financial impact on them.
SERVPRO recommends reviewing your insurance policy annually to ensure you have coverage you need. Don't be afraid to ask questions. If you have the information, you will be better prepared in the event of a water or fire emergency in your home.
For all your emergency water damage or fire damage needs, call SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc. 920-674-3002 and speak with a certified water restoration technician.
Breathe Salt & Sauna Joins the Jefferson Chamber of Commerce
Pictured above in the front row: Laurie Adams, Owner and Stephanie Juhl, Marketing Manager. Back Row: Mark Catton, PremierBank Chamber Ambassador; Sa
Join SERVPRO of Oconomowoc/Jefferson County in welcoming Breathe Salt & Sauna, our newest chamber member. Breathe Salt & Sauna offers a series of wellness services for guests seeking additional relief from illnesses as well as those looking for a day of relaxation while easily improving their general health & well being. They are a health and wellness facility. They offer medical grade salt therapy and infrared saunas with medical grade chromotherapy.
Check out Breathe Salt & Sauna located at 480 B Village Walk Lane, Johnson Creek during their hours of operation: Monday-Thursday 8am-8pm, Friday 8am-6pm, Saturday 7am-4pm, Sunday closed. Explore their services at breathesaltandsauna.com and follow them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/breathesaltandsauna/ Or call (920) 699-9399 to book an appointment today!
If you are interested in learning more about joining the Jefferson Chamber of Commerce, please call SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc at 920-674-3002 and ask to speak with Tina or Sarah.
Social Distancing Cash Mob Held at Neighbors at 13 East
Manager Jenni Seisser holds a "I've Been Mobbed" sign surrounded by a few of the attendees showing their support for their local business
The Jefferson Chamber of Commerce held it's first ever Social Distancing CA$H MOB on Tuesday, June 30 from Noon-2:00pm at Neighbors at 13 East. Social distancing was encouraged, hand sanitizer was provided at the front door and face masks were a personal choice. There was also a carryout option. We also held a 50/50 raffle, and the winnings were generously donated back to the Jefferson Chamber of Commerce.
The concept of a CA$H MOB is to infuse cash into a local business quickly by a group of people via shopping or dining on a predetermined date and time. This is an opportune way to show support for our local businesses, especially during these difficult times.
CA$H MOBS are also a networking opportunity for chamber members to connect with new faces.
The next CA$H MOB will be announced on the Jefferson Chamber of Commerce Facebook page soon! Stay tuned!
Please contact Tina or Sarah at SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc if you have an questions about our Chamber. 920-674-3002
Important home safety tips for older adults
This year’s theme focuses on how everyone can make a difference in the lives of older adults. If you have elderly parents, you know that it’s important to them to continue to live independently in their home.
If they’re in overall good health, there are many things that can be done to help them continue to live independently while staying safe.
1. Declutter. Decluttering helps clear out rooms and walkways giving them more room to move, hopefully reducing the possibility of trips and falls. If your parents are decluttering, or need to start, consider lending them a hand when you’re able. Decluttering can be an overwhelming and cumbersome project.
2. Tighten handrails. Whether you’re young or old, everyone needs to use a handrail on occasion. Finding out the handrail is loose or broken when you need it most can result in serious injuries. Check the hardware that supports the handrail to make sure it’s tight and in good condition. If replacement parts are needed, make the repairs a priority.
3. Remove large rugs. While rugs can add to the décor, they can also be very dangerous. Seniors using walkers, canes, or shoes with inserts can get tripped up easily. By removing the rugs, your parents will be able to navigate their home more easily and safely. If you can’t convince your parents to remove them, make sure rugs are tacked down or have anti-slip pads.
4. Inspect the stairs. A thorough inspection of the stairs is important. Stairs can have several issues that may have been overlooked when your parents were younger. Things to look for include:
- Uneven steps
- Loose or wobbly floorboards
- Worn, ripped, or loose carpet
Depending on what’s wrong with their stairs, you may need to contact a professional to fix them.
5. Help with changes to their bathroom. Bathrooms can be extremely dangerous. Water, rugs, slippery surfaces, and small spaces can make it difficult for them to maneuver which can lead to slips and falls. Here are some things that can improve safety.
- Install grab bars. Grab bars should be installed in and around their shower or tub. If they have a slight balance problem, this can give them the appropriate support they need. Never rely on towel bars to do the same job. They’re not designed to support that much weight. If your parents don’t have good upper-body strength, then a different solution is needed.
- Install a shower chair. A shower chair can be taken in and out of a shower or bathtub or it can be permanently installed. A shower chair is a nice option for any senior who doesn’t have balance issues and can safely get in and out. If they can’t get in and out safely, this isn’t an option for them. For additional options click here.
- Install a raised toilet seat. A raised toilet seat offers many benefits. Most raised seats can add 3-6 inches of lift. This makes it easier to sit and stand. This lift reduces falls and prevents uncomfortable movements. Adding optional arm supports can provide needed assistance while they’re using the toilet.
- Use non-slip mats or rugs. Proper placement in the bathroom can help eliminate falls on slippery surfaces.
- Consider a walk-in tub. If the options mentioned above don’t work and your parents are adamant about staying in their home, it may be time for them to install a walk-in tub. While walk-in tubs are expensive, the swinging door allows seniors to navigate in and out easily.
6. Help them rearrange their kitchen. It’s tough to re-arrange their kitchen when they’ve been going to the same drawer or cupboard for many years. However, moving frequently used items to lower shelves can prevent your parents from reaching and losing balance or trying to use stools or stepladders.
7. Install a ramp. If your parents have stairs in their home and limited mobility, it’s important to take measures to ensure that any and all accessibility needs are met. This means finding and implementing the proper wheelchair ramp for maximum maneuverability, ease of use, and safety.
8. Install smart devices. Smart devices allow us to be more connected to our homes. Adding smart devices to your parent’s home can allow them to age gracefully in the comfort of their own home. It also can provide you with peace of mind. Check out these five devices that can improve their safety.
9. Encourage your parents to hire professional services. If lawn maintenance or snow removal is becoming difficult for them, encourage them to hire a service.
It’s important that we all lend a helping hand when we can.
Posted by Scott Stueber on May 5, 2020 11:41:29 AM
Jefferson Chamber of Commerce and SERVPRO Welcomes New Chamber Member
SERVPRO Employee and Jefferson Chamber Member Ambassador Sarah Welcomes New Member With Plaque
SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc is a proud member of the Jefferson Chamber of Commerce. We are equally proud to be represented by Sarah A., a Marketing Representative for SERVPRO, who is also a Chamber Ambassador and in the photo. On June 5, 2020, a dedication program was held for a new Jefferson Chamber member, Photo Dr. Kevin Gess is the owner of Photo Dr. The other person in the photo, all properly social distancing, is Ralph Lasso from Premier Bank. He is also a chamber ambassador. Photo Dr. does all kinds of photo work, including restoration, retouching and specialty manipulation. Each photo will get personalized attention and your satisfaction is guaranteed. The website is http://www.photodr911.com/ For all your fire and water damage needs, or mold remediation or deodorization issues, call SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc 920-674-3002.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc today at 920-674-3002 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Additional Ways To Prevent Fires
Fire Hazard Just Waiting to Happen
Often we will see "how to prevent fire" information during the holiday season. Between deep frying a turkey for a holiday meal, to extra electricity being used to light holiday lights and trees, it is a popular time to remind people to be aware of fire hazards.
The same truth holds for the spring and summer seasons. During the time that homeowners are installing window air conditioners or using fans to circulate air in order to cool homes, there is a greater risk of electrical fire.
One precaution that is easy to make part of your regular routine is NEVER plug an extension cord into a power strip or surge protector strip. The misuse of extension cords and power strips cause more than 3,000 residential fires a year, according to US Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Another good tip to remember: NEVER plug high capacity appliances (space heaters, air conditioners, etc) into power strips. Always plug them directly into a wall outlet.
These two simple steps can help protect you, your loved ones and your home all year around.
For all your professional fire damage cleanup and deodorization needs, call SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc. We are an emergency cleaning company near you. 920-674-3002.
Visit us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram!
Providing Peace of Mind with Vehicle Disinfecting Services
Vehicle Disinfecting Is Important to Help Prevent The Spread of a Virus or Bacteria
SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc is here to help during these unprecedented times by now offering vehicle disinfecting services. While the "safer at home" order is in effect, essential workers and those people at home have needs to travel to work, the grocery store, and pharmacies. We can help provide a peace of mind by disinfecting any type of vehicle. SERVPRO professionals are trained in adhering to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
Our disinfecting services are available to purchase as gifts as well. This can help bring peace of mind to family, friends, co-workers, and yourself.
For any questions regarding disinfecting services please call us at 920-674-3002. Our certified technicians are here to help answer your questions and provide the disinfecting services to keep you and your family safe.
When you are looking for a deep cleaning santitation company or a local or emergency cleaning company near you, think of SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc.
Visit us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram!