Got Storm Damage? We Got You.
Natural disasters are never planned, but when they do occur they can cause damage to your business and slow down operations while your property is being restored. With over 45 years in the restoration industry and top of the line equipment, the professionals at SERVPRO provide a quick response to any disaster. From restoring water damage from leaks to repairing your building, we aim to help you avoid revenue loss and minimize inconvenience to your business. Our quick response can help you resume normal business functions quickly while avoiding costly construction downtime.
For a quick response to any disaster give the professionals at SERVPRO a call to restore your property and its contents to their preloss conditions and return your business to its normal function as soon as possible.
Clean Homes Sell Faster
Get it clean, get it sold! Selling a house can be stressful, and SERVPRO is here to help get your home in condition to sell without the hassle.
Duct and HVAC Cleaning: Dirty ducts can circulate odors and allergens in your home. Duct and HVAC cleaning can reduce allergens and pet dander, eliminate smells and improve operating conditions and efficiency.
Control Moisture and Mold: Mold can be found in any environment and can affect decrease property appeal. With top-of-the-line equipment and training, SERVPRO professionals can clean existing mold so that your property retains its value.
Pass More Home Inspections: SERVPRO professionals are prepared to resolve any issue from water stains to mildew smell to get your home in condition to sell.
A clean, fresh-smelling home sells faster, and SERVPRO is here to help you get there, no matter the starting condition. For all your cleaning needs give the professionals at SERVPRO a call.
Tornado Safety - What to do BEFORE a Disaster Strikes
Spring is tornado season in the midwest. Over half of tornadoes occur between April and June due to cold fronts and warm ait meeting and forming a vortex. Did you know that most tornadoes occur between 4 and 9pm? Here are our top tips at SERVPRO on how to prepare your family and home in the event of a tornado.
- Set your phone to get alerts from the weather channel when a tornado watch or warning occurs.
- Make a plan with everyone in your household of what to do in the event of a tornado- agree on the safest room and who will bring pets to safety.
- Stock your safe room with a first aid kit, portable phone charger, and battery operated radio so that you can get weather reports during a weather emergency.
- If extreme weather is likely store patio furniature and outside appliances. Put cars in a garage if poissible.
- Trim trees to prevent damage to your property from falling branches.
The best way to minimize the dangers of a tornado is to thouroughly prepare for it. If damage due to inclement does occur our SERVPRO team is here to help restore your home and property.
Spring Thunderstorms and How to Prepare
Spring can bring lots of rainy weather and thunderstorms. Here are our top tips on how to prevent water damage and ensure your safety.
To keep your property safe:
- Keep up with your home maintenance- replace missing shingles and loose siding to prevent water from leaking in and damaging your home.
- Check your sump pump- make sure it is in working order to prevent basement flooding.
- Check for loose fence posts- anything that's not secured can be blown into your house by the wind and cause damage.
- Trim your trees- make sure dead branches are removed to prevent them falling on your home or car.
- If bad thunderstorms are in the forecast, have a generator on hand for the event of a possible power outage and prepare and emergency kit with flashlights, batteries and a first aid kit.
To keep you safe:
- Check the forecast- be aware if a bad thunderstorm is predicted for your area.
- When thunder roars, go indoors- try to get out of the storm and find shelter inside in the event of a thunderstorm.
- Stay dry- do not shwer, wash dishes or run water during a thunderstorm and avoid bodies of water.
Got Water Leaks?
Regularly checking for water leaks can help to catch leaks early before they cause further damage to your home.
As spring comes around, be sure to check for water leaks around your home. Water leaks can be caused by many factors both inside an outside your home, but regardless of their origin they can cause damage. Although SERVPRO is always here to help in the wake of water damage, damage can be prevented by checking for causes of leaks. Some of the most common water leak causes include:
- Clogged gutters and drains - water trapped in gutters can casue wood in the structure of your home to rot, allowing water to enter in. Its recommended that you check your gutters every month to remove andy blockage or debris and prevent water from poolong and damaging your home.
- Runoff near house foundation - rainwater can accumulate at the foundation of your home and seep in through cracks. The best way to avoid this is to direct rainwater away from your home with downspout extensions.
- Damage to your roof - missing shingles and other rot or damage can allow water into your attic or home.
- Broken Appliances - malfunctioning appliances and utilities are the leading cause of water damage in homes. Washers, refridgerators, freezers and sump pumps should all be checked regularly to spot any issues before greater damage is caused.
Preventing Springtime Water Damage
April showers bring May flowers, and also the potential for water damage to your home and property. Melting snow and rainfall in spring can cause costly damage. Check out our top tips to prevent water damage this spring:
- Clean your gutters to prevent blockages from build up of debris.
- Direct rain water away from your house with downspout extensions.
- Keep water out of window wells (and your basement!) with plastic covers.
- Replace missing shingles and repair damage to structure and seals in your attic and roof.
- Use your green thumb wisely, slope the soil away from your foundation and plant shrubs 3+ feet from your home .
- Fill any cracks or holes in your home's foundation.
Even when precautionary measures are taken, water damage can still occur. If you experience property damage due to water this spring the experts at SERVPRO are here to make it "Like it never even happened."
What is Asbestos?
Insulation containing asbestos such as this can be dangerous. Luckily, SERVPRO professionals are here to help with all your removal needs.
As a property owner you may find yourself asking, What is asbestos? Asbestos is fiberous crystals of silicate that are often used in atic and wall insulation due to its strength and ability to resist heat.
Ok, but why is it dangerous? Asbestos is dangerous because the long fiberous crystals that it is comprised of have the ability to break down into microscopically thin fibers. These fibers are so small they can remain airborne for days if they are disturbed. While airborne, individuals can breathe these fibers in. Since the fibers are so small, they can travel deep into a person’s lungs, where they may eventually lodge in the lung tissue. Once there, these fibers can cause several serious medical issues including asbestosis. For this reason, it is important to identify and remove asbestos in your home or workspace.
With our cutting-edge equipment and comprehensive training, the professionals at SERVPRO are here to help with all your asbestos removal needs.
Storm Damage Ruining Your Carpeting? SERVPRO Can Help
Storms can cause a variety of damage to your home and property, Luckily SERVPRO professionals are here to help you recover from any weather disaster.
High winds can cause damage to roofing, allowing water to leak in from thunderstorms or melting hail or snow. This water damage can affect the structural integrity of the building and cause damage to flooring, carpeting, furniture and ceilings. SERVPRO has the service, training and equipment to restore any of these damages. Our professionals have the tools to clean and restore carpeting that has been soiled to any degree, from light staining to moderate to heavy soiling. SERVPRO professionals will take the time to determine and communicate which cleaning option is best for your carpet's level of soiling, provide and estimate of the time and cost of the job, and explain how to prolong your carpet's appearance and quality following restoration.
Remember, for all you your carpet cleaning needs SERVPRO is here to make it "Like it never even happened."
"Its Just Hail Damage"
Hail can inflict significant damage to your home. The severity largely depends on how big the ice pieces are and how quickly you respond to the damage caused by them. After all, hail can either be as small as a pebble or as larger than a golf ball. Hail can cause damage to your roof, including cracked and damaged shingles after hailstorms. Sometimes, you’ll even encounter missing shingles. Other issues can appear in the form of dark spots, dents, circles on the roof, and dented or cracked sidings. You might also notice that your roof has become soft and spongy. These dents and damages can lead to future problems, including leaks that can damage flooring, carpeting, drywall and furniture.
If you encounter any of these issues, be sure to call SERVPRO to help with all your restoration needs.
Fire Damage: What to do while help arrives
The first 48 hours after fire damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and belongings. SERVPRO Professionals are here to help prevent lasting problems with a timely response. Until help arrives, here are some ways to minimize damage caused by a fire.
- Limit movement in the house to prevent soot particles from spreading and causing additional damage.
- Lay down towels or linens over high traffic areas in your house.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and we carpet.
- Do not wash walls or painted surfaces.
- Do not shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Do not clean electrical equipment.
- Do not send clothing to a drycleaners, improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
And remember, SERVPRO professionals are here to restore your property and possessions to their preloss condition.